Pompano Beach, FL
Coastal Waste & Recycling is a locally owned and operated South Florida based solid waste and recycling, hauling and disposal company with locations in Hobe Sound, West Palm Beach, Pompano Beach and Miami, Florida.
Coastal Waste & Recycling provides competitive pay and benefits to employees and a pleasant work environment with the potential for advancement. We are currently seeking safety oriented, dependable, productive and experienced sorters/ laborers to join our growing team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform duties in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Ensure proper PPE is utilized, as well as compliance with Lock Out Tag Out procedures are adhered to consistently.
- Inspect materials and sort items or materials into designated areas
- Perform cleaning duties related to plant equipment and general housekeeping.
- Report system problems immediately to management.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area and surrounding area.
- Maintain an excellent attendance record and an excellent safety and work quality record.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing. reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying and climbing).
- Exhibit the ability to distinguish between various recyclable materials.
- Self-starter, aggressive work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Safety conscious.
- Good verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with other personnel and management.
Skills, Abilities and Work Conditions
- Must have physical ability to stand strenuous and busy work environmental
- Possess physical strength to operate heavy and power-driven equipment
- Ability to work in teams
- Ability to communicate and interact both verbally and written
- Ability to complete work projects on time and in an effective manner
- Can work independently with minimum supervision
- Good relationship building ability
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to dust, noise, heat, cold environment.
- Exposure to construction and demolition waste and recycling.
- Exposure to equipment traffic.
Training and Educational Qualification
A Sorter/ Laborer should possess a high school diploma as the minimum educational criteria.
This job entails on-the-job training. This helps to sharpen skills and attain the essential knowledge of sorting material properly.