Palm City, FL
Coastal Waste & Recycling is a locally owned and operated South Florida based solid waste and recycling, hauling and disposal company with locations in Hobe Sound, West Palm Beach, Pompano Beach and Miami, Florida.
Coastal Waste & Recycling provides competitive pay and benefits to employees and a pleasant work environment with the potential for advancement. We are currently seeking safety oriented, dependable, productive and experienced Heavy Equipment Operators to join our growing team.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Lead Heavy Equipment Operator
- Operate multiple types of heavy equipment primarily but not limited to Excavators and Loaders
- Operate machines or equipment in a safe and secure way.
- Perform periodical safety, maintenance or servicing checks to ensure proper functioning of the equipment.
- Inform and advise the management or maintenance staff for major repairs or maintenance
- Work in adherence to safe practices, procedures, work site or traffic laws.
- Reports to the site manager
- Perform other duties, as and when assigned
A heavy equipment operator must possess knowledge to perform his/her job satisfactorily. The essential criteria must include the knowledge of:
- Heavy equipment operation
- Maintenance of heavy and power-driven equipment
- General safety practices
Skills and Abilities
- Must have physical ability to stand strenuous and busy work environmental
- Possess physical strength to operate heavy and power-driven equipment
- Ability to work in teams
- Ability to communicate and interact both verbally and written
- Ability to complete work projects on time and in an effective manner
- Can work independently with minimum supervision
- Good relationship building ability
Training and Educational Qualification
A heavy equipment operator should possess a high school diploma as the minimum educational criteria. Degrees or courses from vocational schools in construction equipment operation and maintenance add an extra edge.
This job entails on-the-job training. This helps to sharpen skills and attain the essential knowledge of equipment, operation and specific technologies.
Heavy equipment operators must have a driver’s license to work on the equipment.