Fort Myers, FL 33916
Salary: $19.00 to $25.00 /hour
Coastal Waste & Recycling is a locally owned and operated South Florida based solid waste and recycling, hauling and disposal company with locations in Hobe Sound, West Palm Beach,Miami and Pompano Beach, Florida.
Coastal Waste & Recycling provides competitive pay and benefits to employees and a pleasant work environment with the potential for advancement. We are currently seeking safety oriented,
dependable and productive Diesel Mechanic Technician to join our growing team.
Diesel Technician Mechanic Job Responsibilities:
Maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records.
Diesel Technician Mechanic Job Duties:
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Diesel Technician Mechanic Skills and Qualifications:
Tooling, Supply Management, Mechanical Inspection Tools, Technical Understanding, Attention to Detail, Dependability, Thoroughness, Verbal Communication, Documentation Skills, Inventory Control, Job Knowledge