Pompano Beach, FL
Coastal Waste & Recycling, Inc. is a South Florida based solid waste disposal and recycling company, focused on providing effective solutions to make proper waste & recycling disposal effortless for our customers in the region. Our customers know they can count on Coastal to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable future for generations to come. Why Work with Us? Our company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving our customers and our community. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the community as we are. At Coastal our company culture is based on integrity. We do the right thing for our employees, customers, community, and environment. Because we are focused on doing the right things, accountability, safety, environmental stewardship, and customer service are organic to our culture.
With general direction, the Credit & Collections Administrator is responsible for daily collection calls and communication with our customers including research and resolution of customer balance disputes. This position also handles daily deposits and cash application.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Communicate clearly, professionally and effectively with customers and coworkers.
- Act in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner with customers and coworkers
- Demonstrate the ability to follow standard operating procedures and instructions to complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative to thoughtfully research and follow up on non-standard situations to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Accurate data entry is essential.
- Must be bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Must be able to work in Excel.
- Responds effectively and courteously to customer inquiries, requests or complaints. Returns all customer calls in a timely manner.
- Escalates issues, when necessary, to the appropriate personnel to resolve reported issues.
- Researches and resolves issues in a timely manner
- Logging daily deposits and data entry of the deposits into the data base.
- Initiates contact with customers whose accounts are delinquent with timely follow up when necessary via phone calls, email and letters.
- Documentation of dunning events and communication in the customers’ accounts.
- Obtaining bank and trade references for new accounts as needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the work area.
- Perform other job-related duties, as assigned.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
If you meet the requirements and would like to apply, please respond to the e-mail provided with your resume and salary history. No phone calls please. We offer a competitive compensation package. We are an EOE and Drug Free Workplace. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening.
- High School Diploma
- Computer literate
- Microsoft Excel experience
- Prior Credit & Collections Experience
- Waste or Construction experience preferred