Pompano Beach, FL 33064
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
Under Shop Manager supervision, applies appropriate welds to repair compactors, heavy equipment, containers and assigned projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
- Performs minor repairs and applies basic welding processes.
- Repairs heavy equipment, containers and any assigned projects.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections to containers
- Qualified in the welding processes such as arc welding, gas welding, aluminum welding, brazing, and soft soldering on a variety of materials.
- Conducts safety checks on containers.
- Assists team members in the completion of project work.
- Performs related work such as flame cutting, bending, forming, beveling, notching of metal and plastic parts.
- Works from written and verbal instructions.
- Utilizes standard shop hand tools, measuring devices and equipment.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with OSHA Standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with safety procedures
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: 2 years of relevant experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Required: Valid driver’s license.