Pompano Beach, FL 33064
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour
Coastal Waste & Recycling is a locally owned and operated South Florida based solid waste and recycling, hauling and disposal company with locations in Hobe Sound, West Palm Beach,Miami and Pompano Beach, Florida.
Coastal Waste & Recycling provides competitive pay and benefits to employees and a pleasant work environment with the potential for advancement. We are currently seeking safety oriented,
dependable and productive Heavy Equipment Mechanic to join our growing team.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Job Responsibilities:
Maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Job Duties:
- • Performs repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services, as needed, on equipment (including, but not limited to, bulldozers, scrapers, backhoes, front end loaders, yard trucks, farm tractors, forklifts, and company cars).
• Diagnoses and repairs differentials, hydraulic systems, motors, transmissions, drives, air conditioning systems, and electrical systems.
• Performs tasks per preventative maintenance checklist and in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Completes records such as work orders, card files, P.M. checklists, and oil samples.
• Assists with servicing and maintaining other equipment such as light plants, water pump, welders, etc
. • Reference site-specific procedures and more detailed site-specific job descriptions.
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Job Duties Skills and Qualifications:
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and physical. A. Education and Experience
• Education: Not required
• Experience: Previous Experience Require, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements related to Heavy Equipment Maintenance
• Required: Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record. Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds occasionally;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, etc.) frequently
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements frequently Normal setting for this job is: Heavy Equipment maintenance shop / Hazardous Waste Landfill; repair/maintenance shop.