West of Flamingo Road
If you live west of Flamingo Road, your garbage and recycling days are Mondays and Thursdays.
Between Flamingo Road to Pine Island Road
If you live between Flamingo Road and Pine Island Road, your garbage and recycling days are Tuesday and Fridays.
East of Pine Island Road
If you live east of Pine Island Road, your garbage and recycling days are Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Cart Service Reminder.
As a reminder, carts are serviced between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. on your designated service day. To ensure you receive service, please place your cart(s) within two feet of the street and at least three feet from trees, cars, mailboxes, or poles, etc. For other tips such as how to properly pack your garbage cart for service, visit www.davie-fl.gov/wasteandrecycling.
TOWN OF DAVIE TRANSITIONS RECYCLING TO RENEWABLE ENERGY
DAVIE, Fla. – The Town of Davie is altering its processing of recycling materials as part of the recent solid waste transition. Going forward, all residential trash and recycling materials collected from single-family residences, both garbage and recycling will be sent to the Wheelabrator South Broward Waste-to-Energy plant located on SR7/441.
At the Waste-to-Energy plant, ferrous and non-ferrous metals are separated from the materials we deliver and are recycled back into the marketplace to create new products. The remainder is incinerated into fuel that can produce as much as 66 megawatts of electricity used to power over 38,000 homes in Broward County.
This transition occurred because of two reasons: the global recycling market changed and contamination issues. Low, and in some cases, no demand in the global marketplace for materials such as glass and plastics #3 through #7, combined with the low value of mixed paper and high rates of contamination, have tripled the cost of processing recyclable materials over the past few years. In addition, if the recycling is contaminated with waste, the contaminated recyclables end up in the landfill. As a result of this transition, the recyclables will be converted into energy instead of being landfilled.
While this approach is not ideal, the Town is still asking residents to source separate their materials between green (garbage) and beige (recycling) carts. We are making this request because we are collaborating with Broward County and other municipalities to determine the feasibility of opening a government-run recycling facility in Broward County. Once the Town resumes recycling processing in the future, we will be in a state of readiness to participate as we will still be separating our recyclables.
Residential customers who receive curbside services will have a once per month bulk pickup. Refer to the bulk maps below for your scheduled date from June through December 2021. Your service date may have changed due to the new maps.
Residents are asked to adhere to the following requirements to ensure their bulk is serviced:
- Bulk service includes the collection of up to 15 cubic yards per residence. Fifteen cubic yards is approximately the size of a standard car or 15′ long by 7′ wide by 4′ deep. If your bulk exceeds 15 cubic yards, the entire pile will be tagged and not picked up. An additional charge of $18.15 per cubic yard for the excess amount over 15 cubic yards will be charged when the pickup is rescheduled.
- Tree limbs and trunks should not exceed 5′ in length or 75 lbs. in weight. Note: Palm Fronds do not need to be cut.
- Piles of leaves or other loose material must be placed in plastic bags of sufficient strength that can be safely lifted without breaking and do not weigh more than 50 lbs.
- For safety reasons, mirrors, glass, glass tabletops, windowpanes, and plate glass items must be safely placed in a rigid container and taped up to facilitate safe collection.
- Bulk trash will be picked up anytime between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. on your designated date of the month.
- Bulk piles should be placed in a location that facilitates safe collection. Please place bulk piles away from cars, mailboxes, trees, and overhead wires.
For residents with dumpsters that are serviced via the condo/multifamily pickup schedule, the next pickup dates are:
- August 5 – 7, 2021
- November 4 – 6, 2021
The Town of Davie is a participating municipality in the Broward County Residential Drop-off program which includes HHW, bulk and yard waste, and residential electronics recycling. Please bring a photo ID and proof of Davie residency.
Davie residents can utilize any of the County’s Residential Drop-off Centers (RDOC). The closest location is the Central Drop-off Center located at 5490 Reese Road, Davie, FL 33314. The site is open weekly every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Bulk and yard waste services are available on alternating Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The municipal solid waste changes do not impact the services being offered by the County.
Please note, residents from Everglades Mobile Home Park, Paradise Village, and Rexmere Village do not receive service based on these schedules.
Should you have any questions regarding the changes, please contact Coastal Waste & Recycling at 954-580-1292, email [email protected] or the Town of Davie at 954-797-1045 or [email protected]